- Rachel McAdams, America’s sweetheart, confirms her role in Dr. Strange.
- Steve Jobs, directed by Danny Boyle and scripted by Aaron Sorkin, has another trailer, solidifying its probable Oscar chances (and it’s a damn good trailer).
- Bryan Singer turned 50 and shared the script for his next film, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Guillermo Del Toro’s Pacific Rim 2 was declared ‘delayed indefinitely’ but Del Toro spoke with EW and said it’s not dead, and he fully intends to work on it, but will probably make another movie first *crosses fingers for Thor: Ragnarok*
- Woody Harrelson will star in War For the Planet of the Apes. The official title confirmed by Matt Reeves on twitter.
- The Last Witch Hunter looks like it came a decade later than intended but we all love Vin Diesel so we’ll give this trailer a shot.
- Kevin Smith reveals the fate of Silent Bob in Moose Jaws – the final film in his True North trilogy.
- Wes Ball is going to complete the Maze Runner trilogy.
- London Has Fallen and so have our expectations for an actual release date as LHF moves to March 4, 2016.
- Gambit loses Rupert Wyatt as a director.
- Mockingjay Part 2 trailer really wants you to focus on Primm.
- Man of Steel might actually get a sequel and George Miller still might direct it. Supergirl, Bizarro, and Brainiac might all make appearances. Hold on to your butts.
- In the Heart of the Sea continues to promise a thrilling survival tale about the whale that inspired Moby Dick, and said whale spurts blood onto a crew from its blowhole! How’s that for creative imagery?
- The Divergent Series: Allegiant gets a teaser trailer. It’s like those old recaps they did for every season of Lost only bad and makes less sense.
- Charlie’s Angels is getting a reboot with Elizabeth Banks is in talks to direct.
- Rob Marshall to direct a remake of Mary Poppins because of course he is.
- Emma Watson vows to save her man from a weird cult thing in the trailer for Colonia
- A movie called HARDCORE gets a trailer and it is perfect for everyone who rages about Call of Duty kill streaks and yells obscenities about your mother or how you’re a noob.
Trailer of the Week
YEAH the new Point Break trailer is the trailer of the week. Scrap all preconceived notions of the original Kathryn Bigelow. The trailer has interesting visuals and impressive stunt work.
Tweets of the Week
— M. Night Shyamalan (@MNightShyamalan) September 12, 2015
Hi- this is really me. Some others were posting with my name (God knows why?) so- here I am. I don’t really use it much but I’ll try!
— Guillermo del Toro (@RealGDT) September 17, 2015
Writers need their own warboy chant: I WRITE! I FAIL! I WRITE AGAIN! *spraypaints mouth with printer ink, leaps onto the empty page* — Chuck Wendig (@ChuckWendig) September 14, 2015
THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER (1955) Director of Photography: Stanley Cortez | Director: Charles Laughton pic.twitter.com/mSb2LRyKga
— One. Perfect. Shot. (@OnePerfectShot) September 14, 2015
Joss Whedon: “If I find out I have to write today and nothing else, that’s a perfect day. Writing for me is perfect peace.” — Scott Myers (@GoIntoTheStory) September 15, 2015
Oh my god pic.twitter.com/ukzDRl15LW
— Nathan (@NateWantsToBtl) September 15, 2015
Pacific Rim 2 delayed indefinitely? More like See You At My Funeral.
— Jake Baldino (@JakeBaldino) September 16, 2015
— Anne T. Donahue (@annetdonahue) September 17, 2015
— New Phillies GM (@FanSince09) September 17, 2015
Featured Image: Warner Bros. Pictures