Want to know a secret? I’m on vacation. I hope a lot of you are too, or at the very least, eking out as much of what remains of summer as possible.
The point is that I needed to find you a few links in advance. And since there are now anywhere between 4 and 17 news cycles between when we wake up and when we sleep, there’s just no way to keep things timely. But I can keep them reasonably topical for a holiday weekend.
Here are a few stories of crimes that happened on vacation:
- Cruise ships are basically floating crime scenes, Part 1
- You saw Open Water, right?
- A strangely meditative essay on a chance encounter
- The phrase ‘murder hostel’ would be terrifying even without the film association
- I wasn’t kidding about cruises
- Six years after Natalee Holloway, another American woman went missing from the same town in Aruba
- An elderly couple (who’d been married for 49 years) disappeared from a cruise ship, leaving only their flip flops behind
- Finally, enjoy a few recommendations for films about vacations gone wrong
I’m taking a break for the holiday on Tuesday, but I’ll be back Thursday with plenty of brand-new true crime links.
Featured Image: Lionsgate