In our Weekly Clickables this week, we have meltdowns, a look at the upcoming Hulu series The Handmaid’s Tale, and a focus on women in lead roles.
- NPR posted some highlights from an interview with Christina Ricci about her role as Zelda Fitzgerald in Z: The Beginning of Everything.
- The Independent discusses the relevance of Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale, which has been adapted into an original series now on Hulu.
- There have been plenty of “meh” reviews of Beauty and the Beast, so here’s a more positive review from The Muse that takes into account the effect of nostalgia on our experience in watching this particular film.
- I don’t know about you, but I’ve had the kind of week where I feel like I’m on the brink of a meltdown. In the fall of last year, The Bloodlust provided this handy list of 15 Epic Meltdown Roles, which may be useful if you’re looking for something cathartic.
- During the previews for Beauty and the Beast this weekend, I got really excited about the number of movies coming up with a strong female or POC in the lead role. Maybe for the next 100 years, we can get most of the good roles, eh? Anyway, More.com provided a list of female-centric movies to look forward to in 2017 so we know what to look forward to (or see in theaters now).
That’s it for this week, folks. Check back next Monday for more of the best movie stuff from the rest of the internet.
Featured Image: Gaumont