In this week’s Clickables, we have a couple of conversations with bona fide filmmakers, a lighthearted take on The Revenant, if you can believe that, and a couple pieces of cultural criticism to help get your analytical muscles back in shape for the new year.
- First, director and co-writer of Tangerine Sean Baker is on the podcast Facing The Critics, where filmmakers discuss consumer criticism of their work and film in general, as hosted by Joe Grabinski of the infamous Twitter account, “Amazon Movie Reviews.”
- Todd Haynes, director of the critically acclaimed drama Carol, stops by to chat on the WTF with Marc Maron podcast. Their intimate conversation is enjoyable for anyone who considers themselves an ardent film fan, as the two discuss topics as broad-ranging and disparate as gender conformity, film history and its influences, and semiotics in American culture and literature.
- For a quick palate cleanser, check out Demi Adejuyigbe‘s Parks and Recreation meets The Revenant mash-up trailer, which gives bear mauling, death, and vengeance a whole new tone.
- For gamers, or anyone else, our friend StrucciMovies shares her take on video game criticism.
- Over at Rolling Stone, David Ehrlich writes about why a Star Wars movie full of nostalgia and history like The Force Awakens was exactly what fans needed.
That’s it for this week, folks. Check back next Monday for more of the best from the rest of the internet!