April is the cruellest month. Luckily, we found some good pieces to help divert you from stirred up memories, or a long work week.
- Tom Hiddleston stepped in on Chicago 32 to provide some commentary on a string of bad weather across the Midwest. We don’t know why, but it’s amazing.
- Priscilla Page examines the world-building in John Wick, and the emotional arc of its protagonist.
- Melissa McCarthy stars in a foul-mouthed PSA on texting and talking during a movie interlude produced for the Alamo Drafthouse.
- Matt Singer explains why blockbusters need to stop taking sequels for granted and stand in their own right.
- On Ebert Voices, Justine A. Smith discusses the unsettling displays of violence against women in Sam Peckinpah films.
That’s it for this week, folks! Check back next Monday for more of the best movie stuff from the rest of the Internet!