Another weekend gone. Luckily, we have some interesting things for you to check out to help you forget that it’s Monday.
- First, check out contributor Sean Fallon’s guest spot on our own Diego Crespo’s YouTube channel, where conversations this month focus on franchises ahead of this summer’s myriad franchise reboots.
- Next, here is a review of the score to 2015’s Far from the Madding Crowd, which apparently does not hold a candle to the score of the 1967 film.
- Here, Birth.Movies.Death. explores myth versus continuity in the Mad Max series (the latest of which was released last Friday).
- You may have heard about this in the news, but here’s the real thing: the full text of the ACLU’s letter to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s LA Office about the exclusion of women directors.
- Finally, for those with luddite anxieties, here’s an interview with Ex Machina director Alex Garland over at Gizmodo.
Thanks to Sean Fallon, Diego Crespo, Richard Newby, and Dave Shreve for their contributions this week.
Featured Image: Ex Machina, A24