This week’s clickables cover a bit of everything. Choose to suit your mood.
- For humor: some Game of Thrones sketch comedy. There was an odd stigma against the character of Sansa Stark in the earlier seasons of Game of Thrones where people found her character unlikable. Sansa is such a great character she turned the naysayers into lovers and has found her way into the hearts of those over at SourceFed. Watch as Sansa Stark vlogs with The Hound at her home in King’s Landing.
- For melancholy: a beautiful piece from Gawker wherein Lucas Mann uses film night to measure the impact on the loss of a sibling.
- For indignation: a piece on failing movie theater etiquette. In LA Weekly, Amy Nicholson (@theamynicholson) lets loose on one of the most frustrating elements of being a film fan today: people disruptively laughing in theaters. While attending a showing of Hercules in the Haunted World, Nicholson shared the theater with ironic and unimpressed young folks who made it a point to have their laughter heard, and she spun this into an opportunity to editorialize about the growing failure of theater etiquette of the last decade. Anyone who loves the theater going experience should be able to sympathize with Nicholson’s frustration and here’s to hoping this boils into a cultural revolution.
- For fans of Twin Peaks: an interview with Audrey (Sherilyn Fenn). Last year, Showtime announced a continuation of cult favorite Twin Peaks — nine episodes written by David Lynch and Mark Frost. The effort has faced uncertainty in recent weeks, however, as it is uncertain that David Lynch will stay on as director. In this interview, Eric Swann interviews Sherilyn Fenn about the moment she learned David Lynch was off the project, and her feelings about the future of the show.
- For fans of Thomas Pynchon and/or the recent film adaptation of Inherent Vice: a few deleted and alternate scenes not shown in theaters.
That’s it for this week! Thanks to Whit Denton, Diego Crespo, and Dave Shreve for this week’s finds.
Featured Image: SourceFedNERD