Hi folks! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I sure did. Of course, a lovely weekend makes Monday that much more difficult, but that’s where our Weekly Clickables come in. On that note, we’ve found a few items to distract you from the humdrum work week.
- Fangirls and boys go wild when they get a mention in a tweet. But just imagine the level of excitement when Pixar super-fan Adam received a handwritten and illustrated letter from Pete Docter, the director of Monsters, Inc., Up, and Inside Out.
- At Hitfix, Drew McWeeny shares a candid confession about his childhood and discusses the impracticality of violent nerd anger in a culture that has finally accepted nerd interests in the mainstream.
- Mr. Nerdista explores The Devil’s Backbone, Guillermo del Toro’s metaphor-heavy ghost story set against the Spanish Civil War, in his latest video essay.
- In reaction to the white-washing of Hollywood, William Yu created the website and hashtag #StarringJohnCho to show an Asian American actor in roles typically given to white male actors.
- Those wanting to see more of The Force Awaken’s Adam Driver might want to read this review of Paterson, which is premiering at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival this week.
That’s it for this week. I’m off for next week, but look out for a post from my co-contributor Teaira Lacson who will be filling in for me. Thanks, Tea!
Featured Image: Sony Pictures Classics