Greetings, readers! We have another week before us, and so we share another handful of Weekly Clickables featuring all of the best interesting film-related items around the world wide web. This week, we have some film analysis, an interview with Colin Farrell, and a tribute to LGBT cinema, among other things. Read on and enjoy!
- Lessons from the Screenplay is a new YouTube channel run by Michael Tucker which examines screenwriting techniques and analyzes great movie scripts.
- Last week, Entertainment Weekly shared a video essay that pays tribute to LGBT cinema.
- Amid continuing critical discussion and viewer debate surrounding The Lobster, you can check out this interview with Colin Farrell from TIME magazine.
- If you, like me, had a pretty crappy week last week (and this week isn’t looking markedly better), you might be interested in this list of movies to make your day better from Thought Catalog.
- It’s possible that, by now, you have at one point or another felt tired of reboots, adaptations, sequels, and the like, and have wished for more original films to be made. In an effort to address that very dilemma Screen Rant explores whether original movies are really hard to sell in Hollywood.
That’s it for this week. Check back next Monday for more of the best movie stuff from the rest of the Internet!
Featured Image: A24