Welcome to our annual batch of Weekly Clickables! We wish you a quiet week full of holiday cheer and awkward office parties. To fill the duller moments, we have found a few things for you to check out, when you’re not reading our otherwise excellent content:
- Famed Hollywood producer and co-founder of Imagine Entertainment, Brian Grazer stopped by the Cat Ranch with stand-up comedian Marc Maron on the WTF Podcast to talk about his start in the entertainment business, his personal mission to meet a new person every two weeks, and his new book, A Curious Mind. Grazer’s resume is among the most impressive of those working behind the scenes in the filmmaking industry, and his story is a must hear for anyone who considers themselves a cinephile.
- Belated Media, who previously made “What if Episode I and II were good,” finished their giant fanfic trilogy with an alternate take on Revenge of the Sith.
- On NPR, Colin Fleming shares the best of the worst Christmas movies.
- Following the Paris summit, perhaps your thoughts are on climate change. Well, as it happens, there is a new narrative genre to fit your mood: Climate Fiction, or cli-fi. A few months ago, Shara Tonn at WIRED put together a short piece on the genre, pointing to seminal cli-fi works and their respective creative communities. With any luck, perhaps some of these written works will someday be movies.
- Finally, check out the ultimate Star Wars Medley, performed on violin and orchestrated with imagery for both the light and dark sides of the force.
That’s it for this week! Check back for more next week!
Featured Image: Revenge of the Sith, 20th Century Fox