In our Weekly Clickables this week, we have no theme–just a collection of interesting content from fellow movie-lovers.
- First, The Guardian shared the trailer for An Inconvenient Sequel, which, you will not be shocked to learn, is the sequel to Al Gore’s 2006 documentary An Inconvenient Truth.
- Next, I discovered that there is an entire site devoted to writing about and reporting on silent film, and in their news section they highlight some really interesting features about early film, as well as an upcoming Blu-Ray collection of early movies by female filmmakers. Be sure to check out Movies Silently for yourself.
- NPR interviewed Emil Ferris about her graphic novel, My Favorite Thing is Monsters, which was in part inspired by horror films from the 1950s and ’60s, as well as by her own experience with the West Nile virus.
- This veers into news, but it’s worth highlighting–Fathom Events is bringing a “Best of Bollywood” series to US theaters this summer.
- Finally, Birth. Movies. Death. takes a fascinating look at the IT that could have been, had budgetary concerns not gotten in the way.
That’s it for this week, folks. Check back next Monday for more of the best movie stuff from the rest of the internet!
Featured Image: Paramount Pictures