Greetings, readers. I hope you are all ready for another week of Weekly Clickables. We have a few items to share with you from other talented writers and movie fans, which may help you in those dull moments between now and Friday.
- First, this YouTube channel Ky Edits remixed Childish Gambino’s “Bonfire” with the Stranger Things theme song, and it’s crazy good.
- Slate explores whether crime shows, a genre that often relies on tradition, really needs to be updated.
- Newsweek has kindly shared some of the insane stories behind the many, many times Donald Trump has appeared on TV and in movies. Apparently, he’s easy to get and hard to work with, likes to be referred to as a billionaire not a millionaire, and has very particular ideas of how he wants to be shot.
- Because Halloween is coming up quickly and it’s the time of year for considering the creepy and the supernatural, enjoy Radiolab’s Ghost Stories episode.
- Finally, because I’m thinking a lot lately about how princess culture is imposed on my daughter and there’s not much I can do about it unless I’m there every moment of her day to say .“But your value is in your character,” here’s an article reporting on the results of a study on princess culture, courtesy of The Washington Post.
That’s it for this week, folks. May your work go by quickly, and may your leisure moments be long and full of joy. Check back next Monday for more of the best movie stuff from the rest of the Internet.
Featured Image: Netflix