Congratulations to all of our readers on making it through another year, and welcome back to Weekly Clickables! To start off your 2016, we have a few looks back at films past, as well as a bit of music:
- First, if you ever wondered where the old-timey voices in old-timey movies came from, check out BrainStuff’s video explaining the origins of the mid-Atlantic accent.
- Next, take a look at Nikita Malko’s 2015 movie mash-up, as it’s truly a work of art.
- For those interested in the craft behind famous films, Love of Film provides a video that segments Psycho‘s famous shower scene, allowing for a clear, working illustration of the precise editing craftsmanship employed by the master filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock.
- For those excited by new movie scores, NPR offers a first listen to the new music from The Revenant.
- Finally, if you haven’t already, check out Richard Brody’s “Movie of the Week” over at The New Yorker, featuring Christmas Holiday.
That’s it for this week. Check back next Monday for more of the best movie stuff from the rest of the Internet!