Greetings, readers! I hope you enjoyed the Academy Awards last night! To help you shake off the post-Oscars blues, we have gathered a few interesting finds:
- We’re all familiar with the #OscarsSoWhite controversy, and the boycott of the Oscars by some fed up celebrities. The International Business Times looked into what they did instead.
- For parents (or the young at heart, or whoever), Romper has compiled a list of 6 children’s books to read before their film adaptations are released later this year.
- Super Deluxe presents the trailer for Straight Outta Compton if it were an Oscars contender. Paul Giamatti stars as the brave white man who put it all on the line for a group of talented but troubled black youths.
- Jessica Goldstein at ThingProgress.org put together a thoughtful piece about sexism on the red carpet and the Ask Her More campaign. The effect of this conversation was evident on the red carpet last night.
- Finally, if you’re looking for a new podcast, NPR has launched a new site to help you find it, using listener suggestions.
That’s it for this week’s Weekly Clickables. Check back next Monday for more of the best from the rest of the Internet!
Featured Image: Universal Pictures