Another Monday, another Weekly Clickables post! This week, we have some haikus, some self-reflection, and a look at the host of the long-running radio variety show A Prairie Home Companion.
- First, The AV Club continue their series Polite Fight with a discussion of the cinematic choices that made Game of Thrones‘ “Battle of the Bastards” so effective.
- When much of the country tunes in to a week focused on stories about shark habits, shark attacks, and goes to see shark movies, it’s time for some self-examination. Over at Vox, Aja Romana explores why we love shark movies.
- For those who enjoy short and sweet reviews, Review in Haiku nails it.
- If you long for slapstick comedy a la Airplane! or The Naked Gun, you may want to check out Angie Tribeca, which just started its second season.
- A week before Garrison Keillor’s final night hosting A Prairie Home Companion, The New York Times ran this look at the man we all don’t know but love anyway.
That’s it for this week. Check back next Monday for more of the best movie stuff from the rest of the Internet!
Featured Image: TBS