- Benicio Del Toro will definitely be in Star Wars VIII with some sites reporting he’ll be a villain. The original interview in Spanish reads as though Benicio is beating around the bush.
- Kevin Feige now reports directly to Disney chief Alan Horn. The secretive Marvel Creative Committee has come to a close in lieu of recent events.
- Variety reports Vincent Cassel will fight Matt Damon in Bourne 5 which starts filming like now. Please call Steven Soderbergh to remake this scene.
- Spider-Man won’t have organic web-shooters. No more metaphors of impotence, sadly.
- Ben Wheatley’s High Rise gets promotional stills without a U. S. distributor. Why must you hurt us, Benjamin?
- Bill Murray lends his support for the new Ghostbusters cast with a cameo and will warm the cockles of your heart.
- The underrated Jack Reacher is getting a sequel with an October 21, 2016 release date.
- Cary Fukunaga reveals he left IT because of difference in creative vision. It might have been the only other good Steven King adaptation.
- The Wrap reports Cate Blanchett is hooked onto a Lucille Ball biopic to be scripted by Aaron Sorkin, who will strive to prove he can write women though vast piles of evidence prove otherwise.
- Chloe Grace Moretz fights aliens in The 5th Wave aka the YA version of Independence Day.
- Laurence Fishburn shoots everyone in this trailer for Standoff and goes head to head with a man once known as Tom Jane.
- THR has word that Jaws and Back to the Future are hot commodities over at Universal in the aftermath of Dreamworks potentially partnering up with Universal.
TRAILER OF THE WEEK
Macbeth looks gorgeous. Like Michael Fassbender gorgeous, which is good because he’s in the lead role.
TWEETS OF THE WEEK
That’s a wrap. #ThePerfectDayIn3Words
— Wes Craven (@wescraven) June 8, 2015
— KANYE WEST (@kanyewset) August 31, 2015
donald trump looks like the villain in a movie where the hero is a dog — ruined picnic (@ruinedpicnic) August 29, 2015
Reboot of JAWS where Vincent D’Onofrio wants to militarize sharks.
— Keith Calder (@keithcalder) September 2, 2015
If you care, my top five 2015, so far: 1. Mad Max 2. MI: Rogue Nation 3. American Ultra 4. Mad Max 5. Mad Max — Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) August 30, 2015
Sure, let’s have Aaron Sorkin, who has possibly never met a living female human, write a biopic about one of the coolest broads ever.
— Meredith Borders (@xymarla) September 2, 2015
Scully: “Mulder you’re not suggesting…” Mulder: 😎 Scully: “No.” Mulder: 👽 — Gaby Dunn (@gabydunn) August 25, 2015
If Donald Trump becomes president, he’ll make anime real If Bernie Sanders becomes president, he’ll put anime in the trash where it belongs
— Patches (◡‿◡✿) (@SPACECADETPACHS) August 30, 2015
so confused by the plot of THE MARTIAN. why would anyone want to come *back* to Earth?
— david ehrlich (@davidehrlich) August 29, 2015
What if Civil War was about rap battles — sugar beefزوي (@HolyyGuacamolee) August 29, 2015
Offered without comment. pic.twitter.com/4dlYtAcDay
— Aaron Abrams (@MrAaronAbrams) August 30, 2015
Saw AMERICAN ULTRA last night, and loved it. Fresh and exciting, very cool. Can’t figure out why it isn’t a smash. — Stephen King (@StephenKing) August 28, 2015
— Sean T. Collins (@theseantcollins) September 2, 2015
[date] this isn’t what I meant when I said I liked bad boys [turns up movie] ha ha this is where he goes “woosah” — Cat Damon (@CornOnTheGoblin) September 4, 2015