- BREAKING: Captain America and Iron Man teams for Captain America: Civil War revealed by Heroic Hollywood.
- Bad Boys 2 is a terrible movie that doubles as brilliant insight into the ever-fucked mind of Michael Bay. Now it’s getting two sequels in 2017 and 2019, possibly without Bay in the director’s chair. There’s also a dozen-plus other movies set on Sony’s slate in the upcoming years (TheWrap).
- According to THR Colin Farrell and his mustache did well enough on True Detective to warrant joining the cast of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- Kraven the Hunter is a potential Spider-Man villain for the upcoming standalone film (from Heroic Hollywood).
- Fantastic Four is doing so well critically FOX is thinking of a potential X-Men TV series (SlashFilm). Since Fantastic Four is not actually doing well at all, and Marvel Studios retains the X-Men TV rights, expect to hear rumors about FOX and Marvel Studios discussing character trades in the near future.
- Freddy Kreuger is dead but he’s not really dead because New Line wants him to be a slasher movie star again (again).
- The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies re-release will be rated R for some reason.
- Somebody let Roland Emmerich direct a movie about the Stonewall riots.
TRAILER OF THE WEEK
Love it or hate it, Deadpool won Trailer of the Week in a landslide.
TWEETS OF THE WEEK
Countdown til Fox demands Josh Trank remove this Fantastic Four tweet. pic.twitter.com/MoYl2x3vYg
— Andrew Todd (@mistertodd) August 7, 2015
If Kristen Stewart doesn’t get an Oscar nom for Clouds of Sils Maria then we have failed as a species
— Ryan MacLean (@TheRyanMacLean) August 3, 2015
Turns out when the studio wants “the Flash standalone movie” they do NOT mean a spinoff about Meryl Streep’s band in “Ricki & the Flash” — Chris Miller (@chrizmillr) August 3, 2015
Released 11 years ago today: COLLATERAL (2004) DoP: Dion Beebe, Paul Cameron | Director: Michael Mann pic.twitter.com/IOl9Jba7Hi
— One. Perfect. Shot. (@OnePerfectShot) August 6, 2015
“I like season 2 of True Detective.” *Everything stops* *Barista drops glass* *Mom covers kid’s ears, runs out crying* *3 ppl call 911*
— Kumail Nanjiani (@kumailn) August 6, 2015
[Tom Cruise] looks like this mission’s….impossible [director] Tom…I swear to god — Cat Damon (@CornOnTheGoblin) August 5, 2015
Yup yup yup yup whut pic.twitter.com/WgBq93SHKe
— No, Totally! (@NoTotally) August 4, 2015
1. ian holm wants the D 2. ian holm has gotten the D pic.twitter.com/Yq6CviLu9w
— comrade moonfucker (@hunktears) August 4, 2015
— Gene Aversa (@gene9892) August 4, 2015
I’ve got to hand it to white people in found footage films….. They. Won’t. Let. The. Camera. Go. — Shawna (@ShawnaWTF) August 6, 2015
Featured Image: Columbia Pictures