- Last minute rumor: Heroic Hollywood is reporting that Colin Trevorrow is set to direct Star Wars: Episode IX.
- We all knew it was coming, but the first news from Comic Con is out: Ben Affleck will direct the next stand-alone Batman movie (probably within the next three years), with a script by DC Comics writer Geoff Johns.
- There’s some cool Batman v Superman photo stuff over at Entertainment Weekly.
- Heroic Hollywood has another hot rumor, suggesting that Rachel McAdams may have been offered the female lead in Doctor Strange.
- Essence reports that Ava DuVernay will not be directing Black Panther, and will instead be pursuing further independent projects.
- Marisa Tomei has been offered the role of Aunt May in the new Spider-Man film series, with potential of appearing in Captain America: Civil War.
- A Han Solo prequel was announced by StarWars.com with Phil Lord and Chris Miller attached and confirmed to direct; Darth Vader will torment heroes in Star Wars: Rogue One; and Donnie Yen is rumored to be joining the space operatic franchise.
- Andy Garcia, Cecily Strong, and Michael K. Williams join the Ghostbusters reboot; and there’s also reported to be a villain in the mix (played by Rowan Elgin).
- Variety reports Fantastic Beasts may have found their Queenie (I don’t know who that is either).
- A Cujo remake is happening, using the newly created acronym C.U.J.O. (because we don’t have enough movies about dogs with acronyms for names). The title stands for Canine Unit Joint Operation (and no, this isn’t going to be a Syfy original; it will be released in theaters, which means that Hollywood has truly gone to the dogs).
Trailer of the Week
Steven Spielberg is tackling moral grey areas in a new Cold War, spy-thriller.
Tweets of the Week
— Captain America (@CaptainAmerica) July 6, 2015
I still miss THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES.
— Alan Sizzler Kistler (@SizzlerKistler) July 6, 2015
In a perfect world, we’d be getting another Gremlins movie from Joe Dante instead of a Despicable Me spin-off of sentient chicken nuggets.
— Mason Daniel (@BuddyBoyBaxter) July 7, 2015
ICYMI: Phil Lord and Chris Miller are directing a Star Wars spinoff about Han Seoul-Oh. pic.twitter.com/ypgkBqInBK
— Tony Zhou (@tonyszhou) July 8, 2015
rot in jail you piece of shit pic.twitter.com/KmPzKRWEBd
— li(a)mmy (@blinkclyro) July 6, 2015
— Sammy Paul (@ICOEPR) July 8, 2015
— Mockingjay – Part 2 (@TheHungerGames) July 8, 2015
Spell check doesn’t recognize the word Genisys… and neither should you.
— Ken Napzok (@KenNapzok) July 5, 2015
— Josh Gad (@joshgad) July 8, 2015
If you close your eyes, look in the mirror, go super saiyan, and say senpai three times you’ll end up at ComicCon
— Cocaine Cola (@SatansTongue) July 9, 2015
HULK WILL NOT SHUT UP ABOUT MAGIC MIKE XXL UNTIL YOU ARE ALL GRINDING UPON YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS TO MAKE THEM LAUGH WHILE PONY IS PLAYING.
— FILM CRIT HULK (@FilmCritHULK) July 7, 2015
Well. To be fair. There are more Spider-Man movies than there are American senior citizens now.
— David S. (@David_Shreve2) July 8, 2015
ariana grande be like pic.twitter.com/HGXS23mXpG
— gabrielle (@stonedziti) July 8, 2015
Obsessing over INHERENT VICE. Leave it to PTA to figure out how to shoot Southern Bastards. pic.twitter.com/UMaITQsTGR
— Jason Latour (@jasonlatour) July 6, 2015
Featured Image: Warner Bros. Pictures