- Rachel McAdams is literally killing it on True Detective Season 2, but she’s looking to get weirder (potentially) with Marvel’s Doctor Strange.
- Empire confirms Wonder Woman will shoot this fall and Justice League will start shooting next year. I forgot those movies had directors, but I hope they’re good.
- And there’s three BvS pictures with actual color!
- And and Chris Pine is going to be Steve Trevor a.k.a. Wonder Woman’s love interest (but Wonder Woman and Batman are more compatible in a romantic sense).
- Michael Douglas DOESN’T have a Marvel contract to appear in all 800 movies, but he’s down for more Avenging.
- As a lifelong Johnny Quest fan and devotee to Robert Rodriguez for his pulp cinema + latino casting, it’s essential for him to nail Johnny Quest as an adventure movie. His comments to /Film come from the right place.
- Ghostbusters is getting two reboots according to and Drew Pearce and Ivan Reitman!
- Ghostbusters is only getting one reboot according to press email statements from Ivan Reitman!
- Mission Impossible is getting a fifth sequel!
- And Tom Cruise has ideas for an Edge of Tomorrow sequel. Wait, don’t do that.
- Variety reports Tommy Lee Jones, the best monotone actor of any generation, joins the Bourne franchise.
- The Wrap says Channing Tatum and Fox bump heads over Gambit.
- Nosferatu will be remade again I guess.
- If Tron 3 ever happens, it’ll be without Bruce Boxleitner. #FlynnLives #TronLives
- An instagram picture from the Suicide Squad set reveals the Ace Chemicals building. It was promptly deleted, so you’re just sort of going to have to trust me on this.
- Five Night’s at Freddy’s movie is happening and it gets the director of the Poltergeist remake (fuck).
TRAILER OF THE WEEK
From the guys who brought us This Is The End, Neighbors, and almost The Interview, we’re getting another raunchy Seth Rogen comedy. It reunites him with 50/50 and almost Doctor Strange director Jonathan Levine. I’m not sure what sort of world we live in where we deserve more Jonathan Levine movies or another one with Rogen and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, but I’m glad this is it. And now they’re bringing Anthony Mackie to the party. For added humor, pretend this is what Falcon was doing during Age of Ultron and the Avengers’ post-battle party was one of their party plans.
TWEETS OF THE WEEK
— The Film Stage (@TheFilmStage) July 30, 2015
VACATION is the kind of movie that makes me wish i’d become a banker or an accountant instead of “pursuing what i love” like a total moron.
— david ehrlich (@davidehrlich) July 27, 2015
American horror story: adam sandler movies — Hannah (@otherwillg) July 25, 2015
Nothing completely throws off your whole day like the damn Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family.
— Cody Hall (@therealcodyhall) July 26, 2015
no worries, guys. channing tatum already has a great superhero role. pic.twitter.com/GMsZBJLYr4
— josh lewis (@thejoshl) July 29, 2015
Solo Marvel movies open. “Why not just call the other Avengers?” Cap 3 has most of the Avengers. “Why are there so many characters?” — Eric Goldman (@TheEricGoldman) July 30, 2015
When you say GHOST PROTOCOL isn’t the best. pic.twitter.com/v7wEzEiWoX
— Marcelo J. Pico (@MarceloJPico) July 29, 2015
— Stefan Constantine (@WhatTheBit) July 28, 2015
Gillian Anderson has to stop getting better looking with age. In five years she’ll go supernova and wipe out humanity. — Ryan McGee (@TVMcGee) July 27, 2015
— Ben Lane (@benlanesreviews) July 25, 2015
If any film from last year was made by an auteur, it was Guardians of the Galaxy. — Scott Derrickson (@scottderrickson) July 28, 2015
TO THE WONDER (2012) Director of Photography: Emmanuel Lubezki | Director: Terrence Malick pic.twitter.com/3ZkmLcbo6w
— One. Perfect. Shot. (@OnePerfectShot) July 25, 2015
Y’all…y’all know the Joker isn’t REAL right? It’s not “like him” to do anything. The creators decide what he’s capable of/how to show it. — Donna Dickens (@MildlyAmused) July 29, 2015
Friends don’t let friends see new Woody Allen films.
— Josh Rosenfield (@JoshRosenfield) July 29, 2015
Featured Image: Columbia Pictures