- JK Simmons and Michael Keaton dropped out of the Skull Island film, but Simmons is stuck in a time-loop where, according to SlashFilm, he’ll continue playing a certain character in a third attempt for a Terminator trilogy (just let it die already).
- In other news for projects that struggle to find life, Guillermo Del Toro is no longer attached to the adaptation of Justice League Dark because he’s wrapped up in upwards of 20 other projects, with another 50 on the way. At least this clears things up for a potential Hellboy 3 in the near-far future (We’re rooting for you Perlman).
- In light of Del Toro’s departure from JLD, THR reports Joseph Gordon Levitt’s Sandman adaptation heads to New Line.
- THR is reporting Paul Thomas Anderson is writing Robert Downey Jr,’s Pinocchio (in case you didn’t already know, it’s basically Age of Ultron).
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is officially Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2!
- BirthMoviesDeath reports what we all hoped for. Dr. Strange is going to be weird. Like, really weird.
- Black Panther’s part in Captain America: Civil War will be morally and politically motivated.
— Justin Lin (@trailingjohnson) June 29, 2015
- Paul Feig knows how to start the hype train for his Ghostbusters reboot according to these images.
— Paul Feig (@paulfeig) June 30, 2015
Trailer of the Week
The Rocky franchise might be taking a well deserved retirement, but it’s time for the next great boxing franchise. Enter: Creed.
Tweets of the Week
Congrats to our very own Grace Porter for completing physical therapy!
Last day of PT. Hard to believe I wasn’t walking 6 months ago. pic.twitter.com/seCHZmP7Ts
— Grace Porter (@graceporta) June 27, 2015
I want to live in the world where Magic Mike XXL makes more money than a god awful Terminator sequel.
— Nick Mundy (@dickfundy) June 30, 2015
— Max Fisher (@Max_Fisher) July 1, 2015
Wow, I can’t believe JK Simmons was playing Fletcher all along! I couldn’t believe it when he took down the Terminator with verbal abuse!
— Sam (@SECMovies) July 1, 2015
Meanwhile, at the box office Magic Mike flashes his thong at the Terminator.
— Umberto Gonzalez (@elmayimbe) July 2, 2015
I like that when Jim Carrey speaks out it’s about vaccines being fascist and not apologizing for Dumb & Dumber To. #ThisIsntAThirdWorldDummy
— Josh Macuga (@JoshMacuga) July 2, 2015
Released 11 years ago today: SPIDER-MAN 2 (2004) Director of Photography: Bill Pope | Director: Sam Raimi pic.twitter.com/Fifr4NVAds
— One. Perfect. Shot. (@OnePerfectShot) June 30, 2015
A ghost haunts the Sony lot. pic.twitter.com/LCDFA2VyB9
— Devin Faraci (@devincf) July 1, 2015
Amy Schumer? More like, Amy Humor. Next question.
— shut up, mike (@shutupmikeginn) June 29, 2015
Remember when PEARL HARBOR was the worst thing Bay did and now it’s actually in his top 5
— Brian Collins (@BrianWCollins) June 30, 2015
How Entertainment Weekly hyped Batman Forever in 1995 (I swear this is real) pic.twitter.com/1uG51hvPTm
— Ryan the Nux (@TheChewDefense) July 2, 2015
True Detective S3: Just every Nic Cage character. All of ’em. Solving one case. Together. pic.twitter.com/z1bA6ElpXk
— Matt Patches (@misterpatches) June 29, 2015
ME: Okay who did all my drugs FRANK SINATRA: Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars ME: Sigh. Well that answers that
— Michael Flynn (@Home_Halfway) June 30, 2015
— Sean Gillane (@sgillane) July 2, 2015
Oh heck yes. pic.twitter.com/XtSIzAcwwy
— Mike P Williams (@Mike_P_Williams) June 28, 2015
Featured Image: Paramount Pictures