The lines at the theater for Avengers: Age of Ultron are going to be “hella” long so why not catch up on some movie news?
- Okay, we all want to be positive on this DC movie universe coming out, right? Of course we are! Nobody wants bad movies (if you do, make new friends or go outside). Nobody seems to know what to do from a producer standpoint at Warner Bros. It’s a long read but here’s what THR had to report about the real battle DC is facing. It ain’t pretty.
- Latino Review (who is on a hot streak as of the last year or so) pooped up a scoop that has Asa Butterfield as frontrunner for Peter Parker! Does Asa Butterfield have Spidey senses? I don’t know. Marvel is looking for teenagers to play a teenager in the Spidey suit (a first for any movie studio). It’s just a shame nobody asked Tony Revolori to play Peter Parker. Damn white people.
- The Bryan Singer universe of X-Men is rumored to come to a close after Apocalypse and Wolverine 3. Nobody knows what this means but at least Bryan Singer won’t stay too long.
- Actual Captain America Chris Evans let it slip in a chat with Esquire that Avengers: Infinity Wars Part 1 & 2 will take approximately nine months to film. Nine months. People will have babies. Hopefully not on set though. Or if babies are born on set, someone should instagram it.
- Daniel Bruhl will make his appearance as Baron Helmut Zemo in Captain Ameria: Civil War. I like to imagine Inglorious Basters was his test footage for Kevin Feige.
- An exclusive from The Wrap stated a Kingsman sequel is in the works! Will it be as offensive and divisive as the first? Probably.
- I forgot James Mangold and Christian Bale were making a movie together. Now I’ll probably forget again as THR reports Bale delayed filming on The Deep Blue Goodbye after suffering a knee injury. How selfish can a former Batman be?
- And finally, American Ultra gets a release date! August 21, 2015.
Trailer of the Week
I’m not sure what to make of this movie beyond creepy slasher nonsense. I mean, it looks really freaky. And brutal. And the kid in the woods looks like something construed from nightmares when I used to camp. So I’m never camping again.
Tweets of the Week
Dear beard We had a good run, but this is where I leave you. Thank you for braving the Boston winter with me. I miss you already #Cap3Begins
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) April 27, 2015
— Mark Ruffalo (@MarkRuffalo) April 29, 2015
— Paul Bettany (@Paul_Bettany) April 25, 2015
— Jeff Rothman (@amazingjr87) April 27, 2015
If you can relate to an alien raccoon, then you can relate to someone of a different race or gender. pic.twitter.com/f5QhqW5wVV
— Chris Morse (@SuperCorner) April 27, 2015
My favourite shot from Mad Men. pic.twitter.com/mOksaIWQYz
— Ali Arikan (@aliarikan) April 27, 2015
anyone who doesn’t think the first 18 minutes or so of pacific rim are some of the most brilliant film world building aren’t watching
— Blood Valkyrie (@MortuaryReport) April 27, 2015
*Batfleck voice* “Tell me… do you ink?”
— Lindsay Ellis (@thelindsayellis) April 25, 2015
— One. Perfect. Shot. (@OnePerfectShot) April 29, 2015