- That X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover might happen if both franchises continue to prove successful. Best of luck to you, FF.
- Benicio Del Toro is being eyed to play the villain of Star Wars Episode VIII according to The Wrap.
- Tyler Perry strikes back by joining the cast of Brain on Fire (I don’t know what it is either) but he’ll be playing the boss of Chloe Grace Moretz.
- Pacific Rim is a gift from whatever god you pray to. Pacific Rim 2 will hopefully be just as wacky and fun. The working title is Maelstrom which is all sorts of badass.
- Ridley Scott will tackle The Cartel, a fictional account of El Chapo, the Sinaloa drug lord who recently escaped from prison (not El CHAPPiE as many have feared).
- Rob McElhenney (Mac from It’s Always Sunny) is directing the Minecraft movie. He can’t even do a backflip! He’s white trash!
- There’s a good chance Sam Mendes is done with Bond after Spectre. Again. So like a 50% chance he’ll make another one and be done… again.
- Chris Colombus is attached to the Goonies and Gremlins reboots (which are happening for some reason).
- Universal reveals Jurassic World 2: Electric Boogaloo will find a way to return to theaters June 22, 2018.
- Charlie Hunnam doesn’t have to hide his thick accent in Guy Ritchie’s six-part adaptation of King Arthur and the Knights of the Roundtable story. He’s also going to make King Arthur darker because, “Good guys are boring.” OK.
- Russell Crowe and Brie Larson are headed to Skull Island.
TRAILER OF THE WEEK
I’m not sure about this. On the one hand we’ve got classic Pixar vibe and dinosaurs (mother-fucking dinosaurs). On the other hand, hyper photorealistic backgrounds prove to be an uneasy sell for this fictional world. We find out if Pixar has another winner this Thanksgiving.
TWEETS OF THE WEEK
Baskin Robbins: they always find out.
— Amountain. (@AahilDayani) July 19, 2015
“President Donald Trump” is something even Demolition Man would have considered too ludicrous. — Kumail Nanjiani (@kumailn) July 21, 2015
I don’t think that’s Jesus. pic.twitter.com/9jiEokXlcE
— You had one job (@_youhadonejob) July 18, 2015
Do Minions Bleed? — patrick perkins (@packieperkins) July 17, 2015
— Doug Benson (@DougBenson) July 21, 2015
Stanley Kubrick was hired to fake the moon landing, but his perfectionism made them film it on location on the moon. — Duncan MacMaster (@FuriousDShow) July 21, 2015
I’m in danger of being liked. Here are 10 unpopular opinions I hold about comics. Nice having friends while I did. https://t.co/Ywt4uqSnKa
— Austin Shinn (@untitleduser) July 22, 2015
— Stephen Amell (@amellywood) July 22, 2015
Lost in a True Detective wormhole. Googling names, theories, lost. So lost.
— Coach (@CMPunk) July 23, 2015
IF ANYONE’S NOT PAYING ATTENTION, THE CW HAS BETTER WRITING ACROSS THE BOARD RIGHT NOW THAN PRETTY MUCH EVERY OTHER NETWORK. — FILM CRIT HULK (@FilmCritHULK) July 20, 2015
Featured Image: 20th Century Fox